Volunteer Research Assistant Positions
Suicide Care, Prevention, and Research (CPR) Initiative
PI: Dr. Marjan Holloway
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
11300 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD (close to the White Flint Metro)
Beginning as soon as possible (or May 2018)
Volunteers will be primarily assigned to Special Operations Forces Chaplains workbook development. Volunteers will be exposed to military suicide prevention studies, psychotherapy research, curriculum development, and randomized clinical trials methodology. A position of this type can serve as professional experience in the fields of military mental health, psychology, and suicide prevention – and will strengthen a candidate’s application to graduate programs in psychology or related fields.
– Transcribe audio files of chaplain interviews about their experiences with suicide related events within the military
– Transcribe audio files of cognitive behavior therapy sessions and help seeking interviews
– Compile and distribute weekly lists of suicide related abstracts
– Conduct literature reviews and write literature summaries
Additional opportunities may be available for highly motivated candidates who remain beyond two semesters. Opportunities also exist for recommendation letters depending on overall performance.
– Minimum commitment: Either (1) 16 hours a week for one semester or (2) 8 hours a week for two semesters (we prefer a year commitment)
– The position is unpaid, but course credit may be set up in collaboration with the volunteer’s academic institution
Please send (1) cover letter (2) updated CV, (3) your preferred schedule (days and times, within Monday – Friday, 8AM-5PM), and (4) whether you prefer 16hrs/wk for one semester or 8hrs/wk for two semesters to: Amber Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org) and CC Ms. Margaret Baer at email@example.com