CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. We are currently seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates to work in our summer programs. Information regarding employment and our summer programs can be found at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
We are currently seeking individuals to teach the following psychology-related courses:
Why teach for CTY?
- opportunity to teach motivated and talented students a subject they love
- limited class size (maximum of 18 students) ensures a low student-teacher ratio
- all classes are taught by both an instructor and a teaching assistant
- opportunity to work in an environment with colleagues who share similar interests
- competitive salary plus room and board at our east and west coast residential sites
2017 Program Core Dates*
- Session 1: June 22 – July 15, 2017
- Session 2: July 15 – August 5, 2017
*Some sites run one week later than these dates. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 – $6,000 for instructors and $2,400 for TAs
- Room and board are provided at residential sites.
- Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience and are graduate students or faculty.
- Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.