The National Center for PTSD Dissemination and Training Division in Menlo Park, CA is looking to hire a part time Research Assistant to support a large multi-site four-year DoD-funded research study: Targeted Strategies to Accelerate Evidence-Based Psychotherapy (EBP) Implementation in Military Settings. The study will be the first to conduct a mixed methods assessment of barriers and facilitators to use of evidence-based psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder in the military treatment system. The project will then test a novel, dynamic implementation intervention to improve implementation of EBP. If effective, the intervention would represent a scalable approach to accelerating the use of other behavioral health best practices in military settings.
The Research Assistant will assist the Co-PIs and the Project Coordinator with all aspects of project management, communication with the Stanford IRB, and help with the preparation, review, and editing of study materials. This may be a half-time or full-time position that begins ASAP. Interested applicants should submit 1) a brief cover letter, 2) a CV, and 3) names (or letters from) 2-3 references to: email@example.com.
Research Assistant Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in psychology, social sciences, administration or related field.
- Required: Minimum of 1 year professional experience in a research environment;
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-directed, and dependable;
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Able to learn VA regulations and procedures regarding research;
- Effective interpersonal skills, excellent verbal communication and written skills;
- Experience using computer programs such as Endnote and Microsoft Office products.