Position Title: Research Aide
Under general supervision, assists in performance of NIMH-funded research studies of depression treatment among underserved elderly in community-based settings in Westchester County and New York City.
• Screens and recruits potential study subjects in the community.
• Performs on-site and in-home structured clinical assessments to assist in determination of patient diagnosis.
• Administers research battery of additional measures on depression severity, suicidal ideation, cognitive functioning, medical comorbidity, physical functioning, social support, etc.
• Develops and prepares data collection sheets according to protocol requirements.
• Reviews data for accuracy, maintains records of study data, and assists in data entry.
• Tracks patients over time for follow-up assessments.
• Attends team meetings to gather and present information.
• Assists in preparation of research documentation including IRB protocols.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Highly Desired Requirements
*Prior research experience
*Prior experience with clinical populations
Transportation for local travel preferred
Skills and Abilities
*Superior interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
*Familiarity with software including MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Endnote, and SPSS. SAS, Stat, Medline, PsychInfo, and other library resources a plus.
Note: No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Weill Cornell Medical College is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EOE/M/F/Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Contact: Please send cover letters and resumes to Chantal Medina email@example.com
Weill Cornell Medical College