Research Associate (Center for Sleep)
Provide support for research projects focused on developing and testing behavioral intervention programs that aim to improve adolescent sleep.
- Interact with youth research participants and their parents both in-person and by phone.
- Conduct participant recruitment, scheduling and tracking, and payment.
- Explain research protocol and obtain informed consent from participants.
- Maintain and update subject information database which includes coding qualitative focus group proceedings.
- Assisting in reporting to the IRB and funding agencies.
- Some involvement in data management as well as assisting in writing abstracts and manuscripts when needed.
- Bachelors Degree in psychology, neuroscience, counseling, sociology or related research field.
- Direct experience in a research environment required.
- Prior related work experience in human subject research setting preferred.
- Familiarity with computers and common software packages required.
- Working knowledge of research methodology strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, organization, attention to detail and management in multiple research studies preferred.
- Reliable transportation between Western Psychiatric Institute, the Adolescent Medicine Oakland Medical building and participating schools.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 31 Clearance
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Interested candidates may apply at this website: Link to careers page: UPMC Careers Job ID: 704937