Recruiting Center: Johns Hopkins SOM Center for OCD, Anxiety, and Related Disorders for Children (JH-COACH)
Affiliation: JHU School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Location: JHU East Baltimore Campus
Center Director: Joseph F. McGuire, Ph.D.
RAs’ Direct Supervisor: Nicholas Myers, Research Program Coordinator
- The JH-COACH is currently digitizing archival data while preparing to launch a series of research projects to examine factors that may improve behavioral treatment for youth with tic disorders, OCD, anxiety, anorexia nervosa, and misophonia.
- Research methodologies JH-COACH utilizes include virtual reality, psychophysiology, diagnostic and clinical interviewing, and salivary hormone testing.
Research Assistantship Information
- All RAs’ primary responsibilities include data entry and video coding. Additional tasks may include literature searches, participant recruitment, and other tasks as needed.
- Contingent on RAs’ interest, ability, and reliability, they may have opportunities to receive additional training to conduct eligibility screening (over the telephone with parents of prospective participants), clinical assessments, psychophysiological data collection and analysis, and virtual reality development.
- RA’s will meet regularly with their direct supervisor, as well as periodically with post-doctoral research fellows for supervision and mentorship.
- RA’s will also attend weekly group supervision with all JH-COACH staff (led by Dr. McGuire) where they will have the opportunity to observe clinical case supervision, participate in discussion, and occasionally receive didactic training from Dr. McGuire and other clinic staff.
Eligibility and Expectation
- RAs must meet the requirements set by the JH Hospital, and complete all the required online training.
- A minimum commitment of 16 hours per week is required. An RA’s regular schedule and overall time commitment will be determined between the RA and their direct supervisor and re-evaluated every semester or as needed.
- Professionalism, respect, courtesy, and punctuality are expected when interacting (in-person and in correspondence) with peers, supervisors, collaborators, and most especially with participants.
- RAs will be asked to sign a written agreement to abide by JH-COACH’s volunteer policy.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, CV or résumé, and 2 references to the Research Program Coordinator at email@example.com.