Volunteers will be primarily assigned to Post Admission Cognitive Therapy (PACT) transcriptions. Volunteers will be exposed to military suicide prevention studies, psychotherapy research, curriculum development, and randomized clinical trials methodology. A position of this type can serve as professional experience in the fields of military mental health, psychology, and suicide prevention – and will strengthen a candidate’s application to graduate programs in psychology or related fields.
– Transcribe audio files of PACT therapy sessions and help-seeking interviews with inpatients admitted to military treatment facilities following a recent suicide-related crisis
– Compile and distribute weekly lists of suicide related abstracts
– Conduct literature reviews and write literature summaries
Additional opportunities may be available for highly motivated candidates who remain beyond two semesters. Opportunities also exist for recommendation letters depending on overall performance.
– Minimum commitment: Either (1) 16 hours a week for one semester or (2) 8 hours a week for two semesters (we prefer a year commitment)
– The position is unpaid, but course credit may be set up in collaboration with the volunteer’s academic institution
– Availability on Friday from 12pm-1pm for Biweekly Volunteer Meeting – THIS IS MANDATORY
Please send (1) cover letter (2) updated CV, (3) ALL of your windows of availability (days and times, within Monday-Friday, 7AM-4PM), and (4) whether you prefer 16hrs/wk for one semester or 8hrs/wk for two semesters to: Amber Fox (amber.fox.ctr@usuhs.